Thursday, May 3, 2012

springtime joys


Tanner sent me flowers just to say thanks for taking care of him when his mom is teaching and his dad is at school.  It's always fun to get such a lovely surprise at your front door. 



I drove to Salt Lake to attend a very special reunion....which included friends who are from Malaysia and are visiting or living here now, and friends who worked in Malaysia and have returned from their assignments there.  It was a lovely, special day to see them all.







One of my dear Malaysian friends, Cathy, married a man from Arizona.  Turns out he is recording some new songs he wrote.  We persuaded him to sing for us during our reunion.  He graciously consented and we enjoyed listening to his incredible voice.  He does country/patriotic music.  If you are interested in hearing some of his music, his name is Russ Marsh.







A perfect day....working on a photo project and watching Tanner sleeping on my couch.  





Women's Conference is always enlightening with great classes and women meeting together from all over the country....but the best part is enjoying the whole atmosphere with family members.  This year Megan and I went together (thank you Jesse for watching Tanner) and we met up with Merlene for the two days.  And the beautiful spring weather (with a spring storm during the night) made everything even that much more wonderful.





I know you can't tell who this is, but I had to put it in anyway....it is Dallyn Bayles.  He is one of my new favorite singers.  He has been in the touring company of Phantom of the Opera and Les Miz.  He performed twice for the ladies at Women's Conference and words can't describe how touching his music is to me.  He has an incredible voice and I felt blessed each time he sang...even if the room was huge and I was far away.



4 comments:

Katie Curtis said...

Wow, lots of fun updates! I'm so jealous of your liesurely paced and fun-filled life!

Britt Curtis said...

I'm so glad you could enjoy at least one performer at Womens Conference. And roses?! Lucky woman!

Megan and Jesse said...

Love the post. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Dalyn is an AMAZING singer. He came to the Time Out For Women here in Dallas a few weeks ago and I LOVED it! Every word he sung was like a testimony and so pure, I still get chills thinking about his singing! I'm glad you're having so much fun in Utah. I can't believe it's been so long since I've seen you. I think of you and you're family often and can't wait to meet up again one day!

- Melissa (Irving) Meldrum
Melissa.Meldrum@Hotmail.com