Monday, July 9, 2012

my other world

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur
We have a new neighbor who makes our apt. building seem quite small now.    We think it is an office  complex.  It sure is big and at night it has lights that flow up and down.


This is our 4th of July picnic...where you can see the glow on my face due to heat and humidity.  I enjoyed meeting some new friends.  Kathy and her husband are here with the Church on a Public Relations mission.  We had fun trying to 'one-up' each other on stories of getting our apartments repaired.  I think she won.


For the 4th we did not have fireworks, but on Sat. Carl and I were walking home from the mall and all of a sudden the sky burst forth with all kinds of fireworks.  We felt like it really was the 4th of July.  We realized it was part of a celebration for the opening of something...perhaps our tall neighbor next door.


My stay in Malaysia this trip hasn't included any sight-seeing adventures.  I kind of got my fill last year-----thought I would reminisce a little:

Angkor Wat with Carl

Bali with Mike and Jen

Bangkok with Britt, Megan and Jesse

Viet Nam with Katie

1 comment:

Katie Curtis said...

I hate not being able to call you whenever I want, but glad you get to go "home" for a little bit! I'll be there soon enough...